15 Dec 5 Ways Rehab Centers Increase Success Rate for Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
Opiate addiction deprives life of its purpose and divests an individual of his motivation, strength and ability to work. Obtaining professional help and treatment at an addiction rehab center in San Diego is crucial to get rid of the problem. However, not all have are fortunate enough to break the bondage of opiate drug dependence despite the best treatment and care. Relapse ends sobriety and the willpower to say “no” weakens. Recovery reverses and patients take to addiction and return to rehab again for treatment.
The following five suggestions are helpful for rehab centers to increase their success rate of prescription drug addiction treatment and ensure prolonged and permanent sobriety in addicts preventing their relapse forever.
- Personalized Plan for Each Addict
Addiction has an underlined cause deeply rooted in the perception of the world by the patient. There are many factors, personal, environmental, medical and family, specific to the patient responsible for drug addiction. The treatment plan should develop a recovery perspective taking into account these highly personal aspects. It must acknowledge the unique character of every addict, recognize internal changes and plan the most suitable treatment regimen.
Based on patient-centric propositions, the rehab center should reinforce de-addiction and sobriety. All patients should not be seen equal and differential attention is essential for each individual during the recovery process. While adopting a multi-problem view point, cultural, social or spiritual markers unique to each patient must be recognized and the each stage of recovery and rehabilitation should be planned in that context.
- Integrated Treatment
Integrated treatment and rehab for prescription drug addicts has following facets.
- Providing unhindered access to routine and crisis services appropriate according to the patient condition.
- Offering outreach support for criminals, homeless, jobless and other special requirements with an affirmative “right door” policy.
- Effective and wholesome assessment, referral and treatment covering all social, cultural, economic, family, health, education, psychological and personal settings. It must respond and readjusted to changes in a patient with treatment process.
- Planning to encourage and engage reluctant and “unmotivated” patients.
- Treatment plans should be based on clients’ needs and should respond to changes as they progress through stages of treatment.
- Appraisal of existing social support and reinforcing it.
- Treatment and rehab must thoroughly address the correlation between addiction and mental illness.
- Wholesome Approach and Competency
Treatment models should encompass “treatment at various levels of need, appropriate to severity and by different agencies” and focus on engagement, primary treatment and continuing care. Rehab must include a phased approach to treatment with early attention to real-life problems. It follows restoring cognitive and functional impairments of a patient. As client progresses across different levels, continuity of care in close coordination of past and present treatment stages is essential.
Services must be comprehensive to address multidimensional problems leading to and associated with addiction, such as medical condition, social disorder, mental agitation and instability in life. The focus should be on stabilizing living condition of recovered patients using skill development, employment support, nutrition, housing support, recreational activities, and similar productive assistance.
- Treatment With Spiritual Exploration
Treatment cannot assure complete success unless a patient develops a positive sense toward life and willingness to shun prescription drug addiction. This requires mental detoxification and strong psychological motivation. Nothing is more powerful than spiritual exploration to inculcate these attributes. It instills emotional sobriety, cool off the agitated mental state and encourage to see and feel life in a positive way. Patients in their quest to stay spiritually fit, avoid being cynical, disturbed and find out ways to stay sober.
Spiritual discovery also plays a crucial role in encouraging patients to explore, learn and understand the culture and social context of life and strengthen their position as a benign member in the community. It creates a social sphere free from vices and full of self-realization and this goes a long way in pushing patients for a more meaningful and responsible life against living with addiction.
- Social Plan for Relapse Prevention
Success has no meaning without complete recovery and relapse prevention is key to ensuring complete recovery and rehab. Rehab centers must create a social plan to aid relapse prevention and encourage continued addiction-free life. The key elements of such a social plan should include
- Mobilization of support from family, friends and the faith community
- Create, maintain and patronize mutual self-help movement among recovered patients
- Organizing client community get together
- Preventing addiction stigma from affecting a patient of his family
- Encouraging patients to end alienation and become a bona fide community member
- Post-treatment support through continued engagement, therapeutic support, endowing personal responsibility and creating peer support
- Effective use of social, recreational and religious organizations to reinforce reintegration with family and community
Pacific Bay Recovery is the top drug, alcohol and behavioral addiction treatment center in Southern California. Experienced, Board Certified providers offer treatment with a very high success rate. Most insurance is accepted, call us today at (619) 432-7784!