Alcohol addiction is one of the most prevalent forms of substance abuse, primarily due to easy availability and social acceptance. Fortunately, it also has the highest success rate when it comes to addiction treatment.
Excessive consumption of alcohol can lead to –
• muscle atrophy which is especially dangerous for the heart
• health problems like erosion and bleeding of the esophagus (food pipe) and stomach
• compromised immune systems which make alcoholics vulnerable to a number of illnesses and infections
Alcohol is the most widely used psychoactive substance apart from tobacco. Experts say that having more than one drink a day for women or two for men is excessive and can damage the brain.
A drinking problem exists if you or a loved one has felt –
• you should cut down on your drinking
• annoyed that others criticize your drinking
• bad or guilty about your drinking
• having a drink in the morning will steady your nerves
Alcohol Addiction can be treated
Addiction is a chronic disease of the brain. Fortunately, it can be treated with support and care at a good rehab, such as alcohol addiction treatment at Pacific Bay Recovery in San Diego. If you or your loved one is concerned that you might have a drinking problem, the first step is to seek expert help at a rehab.